Thứ Năm, 17 tháng 10, 2013

Lenovo Y550P 324156U 15.6-Inch Deals

By Patrick Dunn -(CA)
This review is from: Lenovo Y550P 324156U 15.6-Inch Laptop (Black) (Personal Computers)
4 months after purchasing this computer, for my work, 2 things were malfunctioning. The hard drive was toast and one of the USB ports was not working (as there are only 2 and I use a USB mouse and USB laptop cooler this became a problem). I sent it in for servicing after talking to tech support and included a note with an arrow highlighting the bad USB port.
After 9 days I got it back with a new hard drive, all my software and files gone, and still only 1 working USB port. When it works, it works fine, but this is the very last Lenovo I will ever buy.
 By B. Haverkamp (San Jose, CA)

This review is from: Lenovo Y550P 324156U 15.6-Inch Laptop (Black) (Personal Computers)
I agree with most of the comments I have seen from others. I had a 17 inch HP before this so I think this puppy is quite svelt. It does get a little hot if you keep your hands near the exhaust vent. I run a lot of virtual machines on this machine and it is truly awsome. I blew away windows and installed Linux. I run a Windows 7 VM for those times when I need a windows system. The sound is a bit wimpy however. Definitely does not compete well with a TV in the same room. That's not deal breaker for me. Battery life is pretty decent considering the baby under the hood; I get about 2 1/2 to 3 hours with the best power settings. I also bumped up the memory to 8 GB to run all those VMs. I am very happy with it. I guess more pixels would have been nice (1366x768) more vertical pixels would have been nice.
By Scott Winter "Scott" (Fort Smith, AR USA)

This review is from: Lenovo Y550P 324156U 15.6-Inch Laptop (Black) (Personal Computers)
I purchased a Lenovo Ideapad Y550 as a graduation present for my son two years ago. I have always used IBM Thinkpad's so when IBM sold off their laptop division to Lenovo, I decided to take a chance with the new company. Out of the box, the Y550 really looks great. The keyboard has a terrific feel. I admit that I was quite satisfied with my purchase. After using the machine for about 11 months, the LCD hinges became very loose. I contacted Lenovo and they handled the repair expeditiously. The machine was repaired and returned promptly and used for about 10 months in which time, the hinges once again faulted. Frustrated, I contacted Lenovo once again. This time I was told the machine was out of warranty and that the repair would cost about $300.00. About 1/2 the cost of the machine new. It was obvious to me that this was a defective part. I told the representative that there were several postings regarding this problem and that I felt it should be repaired under warranty. The representative told me he was not aware of any consumer complaints about this issue. The representative finished our conversation with something like, "what did I expect for an inexpensive machine". I was appalled at his answer and swore I would never purchase a Lenovo product again. The power supply had to be replaced after 1-1/2 years and now, the power port on the machine is bad as well. I understand that nothing lasts forever, but this machine is basically shot at two years old. Trust reviews before you settle on a product.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét