Thứ Ba, 22 tháng 10, 2013

Lenovo IdeaPad U310 43752BU 13.3-Inch Deals

By Ryan England "yikes199" (Pittsburgh, PA) -
This review is from: Lenovo IdeaPad U310 43752BU 13.3-Inch Ultrabook (Graphite Gray) (Personal Computers)
I did a good bit of research on laptops before making a purchase, went into stores, read reviews, etc. A few comments.

A number of people note how the screens are flexible, go into a store and try bending screens, all thin laptops are quite flexible. Seems odd to me too, but if everyones doing it, it must work.

I saw a few reviews about wireless problems with the u310, but saw many other good review so I disregarded. Don't disregard. There is a detailed summary at [...].

Seems to be that lenovo figured out the wifi was really bad, but kept selling units and just fixed it on the new ones. I bought my laptop on Sept 20, it was manufactured on May 28, the fix didn't come out until July 23... The date is printed at the bottom of the tag on the outside of the box, so if you buy in a store you can check.

In my case, the speed seemed not great to me, but the range was terrible. I got maybe 50 feet from the router before I lost signal. Even my phone (which I think has pretty bad reception for wifi) was better than that. I decided to go into work and see if I could pick up signal at my desk and couldn't ... back to the store we go. I read lots of reviews of 2-3 weeks for repairs and the problem not fixed, didn't sound like what I wanted to do with a brand new laptop.

Aside from the wifi issues, it was a great unit, solid build, really nice touchpad, good keyboard, screen was fine. I suppose some people might only use a machine at home, but for anyone that travels around, I think the wifi problems makes this machine a no-buy.

 By chemnash - (UK)
This review is from: Lenovo IdeaPad U310 43752BU 13.3-Inch Ultrabook (Graphite Gray) (Personal Computers)
I wasnt expect the building quality is so wonderful, very cool very solid!
The old wifi signal problem is fixed now, I've tested it intensively use on varies conditions comparing to my thinkpad laptop, iphone, ipad, etc. People who are interested in this laptop shouldn't worry about it now.

but the battery life is not that great. It is advertised as 7h which is not quite possible.
under normal usage of wifi and multimedia, I got about 4h battery life.

By Steve from PA -  (Pittsburgh, PA) -
This review is from: Lenovo IdeaPad U310 43752BU 13.3-Inch Ultrabook (Graphite Gray) (Personal Computers)
Bought this yesterday and I really liked the look and design.. however, luckily I tested the Wifi reception due to reading the reviews here. Sure enough it only got good speeds when right next to my router. I moved into next room and it dropped to under 1MB (From 20MB) I even changed the settings and un-installed the power mgmt software as detailed on Lenovo forums and it did not work. My 7 year old Dell gets way faster speed over Wifi which is un-acceptable.

Do not buy until Lenovo fixes it if Wifi is important to you.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét