Thứ Năm, 24 tháng 10, 2013

Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon 14-Inch Touchscreen Deals

By Older London academic (London)
This review is from: Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon 14-Inch Touchscreen Laptop (Black)3444CUU (Personal Computers)
Having read about screen problems with Lenovo X1 Carbon Touch was wary but the new (2013) version seems fine and the machine is really attractive and fast. With Windows 8 and Office 365 I can get through my work very efficiently. Admittedly downloaded a free start button replacement (Classical Start Menu) which also has a "Shut Down" and "Restart" command and starts the X1 Carbon Touch in the Desktop, not Start screen.
Lightweight and fast somehow attractive, after a months use I am in love with this very useful companion.
Disadvantages - new power socket (throw away your old extra power packs) and no Ethernet input, also built in battery so cannot carry a spare. However, now very rapid charging and it is easy to get a USB 3.0 Gigabit Ethernet adapter (Cable Matters SuperSpeed).

 By OK Kat -
This review is from: Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon 14-Inch Touchscreen Laptop (Black)3444CUU (Personal Computers)
The product was delievered quickly and was packaged for shipment extremely well. Everything worked out of the box and I had no troubles. I was concerned about getting a 14 inch screen because my eyesight is not that great. But the HD screen makes all the difference and I can read the small print just fine. I need the business features like encryption and connection to an LCD projector so was willing to pay more. It is surprisingly thin and light which my shoulders appreciate. The battery life seems as advertised. Windows 8 takes some getting used to but that was expected. I have not yet tried the web cam. It looks beautiful and I certainly will never feel outclassed in the laptop department. Overall I am very happy with my choice.
By MPM (Santana de Parnaiba, Sao Paulo Brazil)
This review is from: Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon 14-Inch Touchscreen Laptop (Black)3444CUU (Personal Computers)
After I turned the computer on for the first time, i realized the touchscreen was not working. I tried to apply the fix that was released by Lenovo and that didn't work either. Contacted the store (17th Street) requesting the item to be replaced (a few hours after i received my notebook), and received the following message from them:

"Unfortunately we cannot take back opened computers, as stated on our Amazon page at this time we are not able to issue a return authorization for your order; you do have a manufacturer’s warranty."

How would I know that the touchscreen was defective, had i not opened the box and turned the computer on?

Avoid buying anything from this seller. If the item is defective, you are on your own.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét