Thứ Năm, 24 tháng 10, 2013

Lenovo ThinkPad T430 23426QU 14' LED Notebook Deals

By Get Lost -
This review is from: Lenovo ThinkPad T430 23426QU 14' LED Notebook - Intel - Core i5 i5-3230M 2.6GHz - Black (Personal Computers)
I've been a Lenovo T-series user for about a decade, going through 4 T-series laptops for work. I finally bought a personal laptop for myself, because the soon-to-be released T440 is trying to be something it's not, which is an ultrabook (no more ultrabay, touch screen, internal battery). So I thought the T430 would be the last of it's kind for traditionalists who like Windows 7 better than 8, and like that this laptop can be upgraded with a 2nd hard drive, etc.

However, my complaint is that I received a model with a noisy fan. Search for "T430 noisy fan" on a web search engine and you'll find several others who had the same issue as me. The noise is an extremely annoying high pitched whine, like a jet turbine. So after having it for a day, I had to send it into Lenovo support. Per their instructions, I removed the hard drive and replaced the hard drive cover.

They shipped it back a few days later and seemed to have fixed the fan issue (if you get a noisy fan model, demand that they replace the fan with a quiet fan. There's nothing that can be done with software to fix it). However, when I tried putting the hard drive cover back on, the screw wouldn't thread back into the laptop. I called Lenovo again, simply asking them to send me a 5 cent replacement screw. They refused, saying the "Hard drive cover is cosmetic", even though it's the piece that prevents my hard drive from falling out of my computer. Hey, the hood on my car is cosmetic, but if a car shop gives it back to me with a broken latch, I expect them to fix it.

I ended up taking a screw from an old Lenovo which was the proper width, but too long, so I had to use a hack saw to get it to the correct length. Even though they have a 30 day return policy (through Lenovo) I decided to keep the laptop for now because I didn't want to go through the hassle of buying another laptop, but I'm unhappy with the frustration I've went through after buying a brand new machine.

On the plus side, the lighted keyboard is nice and I don't mind the new chick-let style keys, though I wished they kept the page up / down and Home / End keys in the same place they were located on the T410 / T420.

 By Hunter (22 Knightbridge Road)
This review is from: Lenovo ThinkPad T430 23426QU 14' LED Notebook - Intel - Core i5 i5-3230M 2.6GHz - Black (Personal Computers)
Lenovo's design is very professional. This laptop is quite strong for student and officer. You can use with almost of games and applications. The specs is quite strong. However, RAM 4GB is quite small with this version. If you looking for a laptop look same this, you can see T430 with 8Gb RAM.

T430 here:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CRHM5SE/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00CRHM5SE&linkCode=as2&tag=best-refer-20
By Palma Solane "perfect contrast" (DALLAS, TX, US)
 This review is from: Lenovo ThinkPad T430 23426QU 14' LED Notebook - Intel - Core i5 i5-3230M 2.6GHz - Black (Personal Computers)
Performance:
-I use this laptop for work and it is not the best productivity machine. 4 gbs of ram is fine if your intended use is casual, however having multiple spreadsheets open while running Adobe reader, IE and various other applications can easily leave you spending a frustrating amount of time waiting for process to run.

-The battery life also leaves a lot to be desired, I've returned from 1-2 hour meetings shocked to discover how diminished the battery has become

Hardware:
-This has been a killer for me. While I'm the only one at my company that has had this issue, I've already run through 2 hard drives. I work in treasury so having to reinstall software, online banking certificates and various other access is extremely frustrating. As far as I know, it's an issue with the laptop outside of the hard drive.

-The last thing I find curious and a detraction is the design of the usb 3.0 ports. The ports themselves are recessed, about half and inch from the edge of the laptop itself. This is ok for cables, however it prevents usb drives from fitting.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét