Thứ Ba, 22 tháng 10, 2013

Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga 11 11.6-Inch Convertible Deals

By Emm Jay-Ess "Mike" (DF Dubya, USA) -
This review is from: Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga 11 11.6-Inch Convertible Touchscreen Laptop (Personal Computers)
I actually purchased the Yoga 11" directly from Lenovo's site. I do want to point out that my entire experience was really positive working with their sales and customer service staff. The item shipped quickly and without hassle - they required signature but since they ship via UPS, they allowed my neighbor to sign. Ultimately I did return this item which I'll explain more on, but that process too was outstanding. They immediately (like while on the phone with them) emailed me pre-paid UPS shipping labels and provided all the instruction I needed to get it sent back.

Pros:
- Versatility and form factor: The 11" size is plenty portable, and it's relatively light for a laptop. The available touch-screen with it's various "modes" makes it nice to use while standing itself up in a wide range of positions across it's 360 degree rotation.

- Build quality: It feels solid, the lines fit together well, it doesn't creak or flex when you hold it from outer edges. The palm rest is textured and it seemed more durable than others I've used that discolored over time. That said - it's casing is made of plastic and I hoped for higher grade materials. i.e. the aluminum found in Apple's products.

Cons:
- Internal hardware: It uses the same Tegra 3 processor that comes available in $200 Android tablets, and as a result you're stuck with a diluted version of Window's 8, and it occasionally has a hard time keeping up with the performance demands.

 By A. Walker -(Ca)
This review is from: Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga 11 11.6-Inch Convertible Touchscreen Laptop (Personal Computers)
Lenovo's Yoga 11 is pretty great. I had some trepidation about Windows RT until a friend of mine let me use his Surface. After using it, I knew I had to have an RT device, but I wanted something that felt more like a laptop than a tablet. Lenovo makes incredibly good hardware right now and this device is no exception.

The keyboard, typing surface, palm rests, and track pad are the absolute best I've use in an 11" form factor. It's even better than my MacBook Air for purposes of generating text and casual computing. Some of that credit is due to Windows RT and the Windows 8 gestures one can employ using both the screen and the track pad.

The screen is extremely good for a device this size and very easy on the eyes for extended typing sessions. Text and pictures are crisp and the range of colors and trueness of their hue is very good. I particularly like watching streaming media and reviewing photographs with the device. The touch screen is responsive and as accurate as my iPad or Nokia Windows Phone.

Windows RT does a really good job managing system resources. I thought I would have to exert a greater degree of workspace management to keep it running smoothly, but it handles multiple tasks rather well. The WiFi is a little slow being single channel I think, so pages don't load instantly like you think they would. However, this is all in the name of battery life I think, and a worthwhile endeavor it was.
By B. Kim (LA, CA) -
This review is from: Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga 11 11.6-Inch Convertible Touchscreen Laptop (Personal Computers)
Summary - great at $500 (or below), if you want a laptop-focused convertible/hybrid and can work within RT's limits. Great design and build quality. Epic battery life. Surprising performance.

First, a kind-of "caveat emptor" - many reviews of Windows 8 and RT devices have negative feedback that's really about the OS. So, I'll leave most of those aside and suggest people search for general reviews of W8 and RT prior to purchase. But first, some specific heads-up regarding RT:

Yes, it's essentially a "locked down" version of Windows 8 and you can't install any "traditional" Windows programs. Check the websites of your key programs or substitutes to see if they're available via the Windows Store. Note to MS: It's maddening that you can only browse the Store on a W8 or RT device; let people do this BEFORE buying. And because you're stuck with IE 10, you're also stuck if you need a specific browser extensions/add-on that isn't available for it. For me, in Chrome, they are the bit.ly, Pocket, Springpad, and a user agent string changer (to deal with temperamental hotspots). Given the slow growth of Windows Apps, IE 10 needs to step up and fill in the gaps, but it feels only partially done. RT has Office, but without Outlook and some power-user features. If you need those, you likely need a full W8 laptop anyway. I'm also concerned that MS doesn't have 2-step authentication for its services, especially since many W8 "social integration" features give it access to your Gmail, FB, etc. There are many more personal issues I have with RT's execution, which were deal breakers at the original $799, but are tolerable at $500.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét